The most important rule of the FallCon Gaming Society is to have fun! That said, we do have a few policies that help make our events a safe & enjoyable space for all gamers.
Respect your fellow gamers, our volunteers and vendors!
Harassment is not tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal, written or social media comments related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion or technology choices
- Persistent micro-aggressions in the form of comments, jokes, or otherwise
- Deliberate misgendering or use of 'dead' or rejected names
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following or unwelcome attention, either in person or through an online medium
- Photography and recording without consent, or the manipulation of photographs or recordings made with the intention to offend, intimidate, embarrass or demean
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention
- Sustained disruption of events
- If you feel harassed, you may inform the offender that you would like the harassing behavior to stop immediately. If you are not comfortable doing this, you may contact a FallCon Organizer who will address the concern. Likewise, if you feel that someone else is being harassed, you may inform the offender or notify a FallCon Organizer who will address the concern. Organizers are identifiable by a yellow lanyard or a hat with a colourful feather.
- If you are asked to stop behaving in a way that is interpreted as harassment, you are expected to stop immediately. Arguing about the situation or trying to convince someone that your behavior is not harassment is not acceptable. Just stop. You may not feel that your behavior is harassment, but the behavior should stop anyway.
- If anyone engages in harassing behavior, FallCon Organizers may take any action they, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion with no refund.
- FallCon Organizers will be happy to help participants contact security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your presence.
The FallCon Gaming Society continuously strives to create safer spaces for everyone to play together. Suggestions for how we can improve can be shared by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit: Thanks to the following for well crafted statements on their website, from which we have liberally borrowed: Origins, SUSD Convention, Geekway to the West, OraCon.
The FallCon Gaming Society believes People + Games = Better Communities, Families, and Relationships. This belief inspires our efforts to cultivate a community where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, compassion and understanding.
In order to build such a community, we function with a spirit of inclusiveness, celebrating all races, ages, ethnicities, body-types, sexual identities, the full spectrum of genders and persons with a range of abilities and ability challenges. While this list of identities is not complete or perfect, we believe that diverse experiences and contributions strengthen our gaming community.
We recognize restorative action requires responsiveness. We strive to remove as many barriers as possible and to provide all of the tools we can to foster safety and communication in our gaming environments. We endeavor to listen and believe when you share your experiences and perspectives with us.
Our hope is to collaboratively foster an inclusive, welcoming atmosphere where all people can enjoy gaming together.
Covid Policy (as of April 19, 2023)
Proof of Vaccination is not required to attend FallCon Gaming Society events, in alignment with current City and provincial regulations. However, COVID is a contagious disease that continues to circulate in the community, resulting in serious symptoms for some. Attendees are encouraged to wear a snug-fitting mask covering their nose, mouth and chin. Our COVID-19 protocols may be revised without notice in response to government policy or at the discretion of the FallCon Gaming Society.